When an agent answers a queue call, this tool automatically plays a pre-recorded message recorded by the specific agent answering the call. The message could be a simple introduction, or perhaps convey a mandated notification regarding recording of the call. This tool ensures that every call is presented with the mandated message and eliminates the need for the agent to say the same message over and over with each new call.
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Agent Greeting.
1. 3CX Version V16 and V18 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
2. Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
4. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
5. .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Agent Greeting’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install ‘3CX Agent Greeting’
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Agent Greeting’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named AgentGreetingInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Agent Greeting’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
4.Step By Step Installation Procedure
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Agent Greeting
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file AgentGreetingInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Type drop down, select New Relay.
2. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
3. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8800 for New Relay.
The ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ will take default port as 8800 for ‘New Relay’. If the default port number doesn’t appear automatically, you can manually enter the respective default port number.
4. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
5. If the ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK.
6. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
If this is your first install, select a valid SQL server and if you are reinstalling then select the existing database.
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is SQLExpress.
- If you want to use ‘SQL Authentication’, then install SQL Server in ‘Mixed‘ mode.
- If SQL Server is installed on a server other than the server where ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ is installed, you will need to configure SQL Server to allow remote connections
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPTools” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the User name and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click Test Connection button to confirm you can connect to SQL
5. Click OK to close the test results dialog
6. Click Next to continue the installation
7. Once the installation is complete, click Close
To access the ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Agent Greeting’ Web).
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
Registration is required to authorize your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates.
7.Agent Greeting Settings
The Agent Greeting Settings screen enables you to create a new Agent Greeting record, edit/ delete/activate/inactivate an existing record, create new audio recording file and play existing audio recording file.
7.1. Add New Agent Greeting
1. In the Agent Greeting Settings screen, in the Agent Greetings Maintenance in Queue form, and in the column header, click Add.
2. From the Queue dropdown list which displays a list of all the queues in which the logged-in extension is present, select the desired queue so that when a customer’s call is in the selected queue, the logged-in agent will receive the call.
3. From the Filename dropdown list, select the desired audio recording file that you want to associate to the current audio recording.
4. In the IVR field, enter the desired IVR number to which you want to receive the call.
5. In the Active check box, check to activate or uncheck to inactivate current Agent Greeting.
6. At the footer of the Agent Greetings Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
7.2. Update Existing Agent Greeting
1. Select the desired Agent Greeting that you want to edit.
2. Edit the desired fields as per your requirement.
3. At the footer of the Agent Greeting Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
7.3. Delete Existing Agent Greeting
1. Select and click Delete button beside the desired Agent Greeting that you want to delete.
2. In the Delete Confirmation message box, click OK.
7.4. Create Audio Recording File
1. In the Record column, click the Record link of any Agent Greeting.
2. In the Description message box, and in the Enter recording name field, enter the desired name for the new audio recording file
3. In the Description message box, click Call my Extension button and then the logged-in agent gets the call.
4. Receive the call, and once you hear the beep, speak out the desired voice message, followed by a # key. You will hear a message that the voice has been successfully recorded.
5. Now, refresh/reload the Agent Greeting Settings page after you create the audio recording. The Filename dropdown list will now display the new audio recording that you have just created.
7.5. Play Audio Recording
1. Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio record you want to play.
2. Click Play to play the record.
3. To download the audio recording, click the 3 dot menu and then click Download.
7.6. Delete Audio Recording
1. Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio recording you want to delete.
2. From the Delete column, click the Delete link and then click Save. You will observer that all the agent greeting records associated to the deleted audio recording file will now display the default audio recording file.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.