“3CX Auto Logout” monitors whether a queue agent has missed multiple consecutive calls. If the permitted number of missed calls is exceeded, the service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
If an agent forgets to log out of a queue before leaving their desk, having their phone ring with nobody there to answer: (1) needlessly increases the hold time for callers, (2) increases the noise levels in the office, and (3) negatively impacts 3CX statistical reports.
Before installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version 15.5 (Windows Only)
2. Windows 10 and above / Windows Server 2012 and above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express and above
4. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 and above
5. .Net 4.7.1 or above
You can order ‘3CX Auto Logout’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Auto Logout
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXAutoLogoutInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Auto Logout
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXAutoLogoutInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX Auto Logout directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing 3CX Auto Logout on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
2. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700
The default port number is 8700
3. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm 3CX Auto Logout can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
4. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
If this is your first install then, select a valid SQL server and if you are reinstalling then select the existing database.
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is <your-server-name>\SQLExpress.
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPToys” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the User name and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click Test Connection button to confirm you can connect to SQL
5. Click OK to close the test results dialog
6. Click Next to continue the installation
Step 7: Run the Application
Once the installation is complete, click Run Application
The ‘3CX Auto Logout’ configuration screen enables you to register software, configure the max missed calls and Schedule Timer, and start/stop ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service.
5.1. Register Software (License tab)
Registration is required to enable your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
1. On the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, in the License tab, enter your registration information in all the required fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
2. Click Register.
5.2. Configure ‘3CX Auto Logout’ Settings (Settings tab)
The Settings tab enables you to configure the Schedule Timer and Max Missed Calls settings. From here, you can also manually restart the ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’.
The ‘Max Missed Calls’ is the number of consecutive calls an agent can miss. As soon as the agent reaches the specified ‘Max Missed Calls’ limit in a specific queue, the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
The ‘Schedule Timer’ runs regularly at the configured time to automatically restart the ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’. Restarting the service adds any new queue agents to the list of monitored extensions.
1. On the Settings tab, in the Max Missed Calls field, type the maximum number of consecutive calls an agent can miss.
2. In the Schedule Timer field, set the time, using the up and down arrows, to indicate when the service should be restarted.
3. Click Save.
5.3. Start/Stop ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’
1. To start or stop the service, at the bottom of the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, click the Start / Stop buttons respectively.
2. Click the Refresh link to update the service status if changes were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.
If you need support, would like to request an enhancement to ‘3CX Auto Logout’, or are interested in discussing a custom solution, you can contact as at the following:
Address: 2306 Shimmering Bay Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45244-2760
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time)
Phone: USA: +1 801-642-4655
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us