“3CX Auto Logout” monitors whether a queue agent has missed multiple consecutive calls. If the permitted number of missed calls is exceeded, the service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
If an agent forgets to log out of a queue before leaving their desk, having their phone ring with nobody there to answer: (1) needlessly increases the hold time for callers, (2) increases the noise levels in the office, and (3) negatively impacts 3CX statistical reports.
Before installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version V16 and V18 (Windows Only)
2. Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition) (Instructions)
4. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above (Instructions)
5. .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order ‘3CX Auto Logout’ on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Auto Logout
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXAutoLogoutInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
4.Step By Step Installation Procedure
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Auto Logout
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Unblock to unblock the zip file and then select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXAutoLogoutInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX Auto Logout directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Type drop down, select Legacy Relay for old Relay or New Relay for new Relay based on the 3CX version of your application.
If you choose ‘Relay Type’ as ‘Legacy Relay’ then ‘3CX Auto Logout’ will communicate with old Relay Service, and if you choose ‘New Relay’ then it will communicate with new Relay Service.
2. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’ on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
3. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700 for Legacy Relay or 8800 for New Relay.
The ‘3CX Auto Logout’ will take default port as 8700 for ‘Legacy Relay’ and 8800 for ‘New Relay’. If the default port number doesn’t appear automatically, you can manually enter the respective default port number.
4. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Auto Logout’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
5. If the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK.
6. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
If this is your first install then, select a valid SQL server and if you are reinstalling then select the existing database.
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is
- If you want to use ‘SQL Authentication’, then install SQL Server in ‘Mixed‘ mode.
- If SQL Server is installed on a server other than the server where 3CX Auto Logout is installed, you will need to configure SQL Server to allow remote connections
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPToys” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the User name and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click Test Connection button to confirm you can connect to SQL
5. Click OK to close the test results dialog
6. Click Next to continue the installation
Step 7: Run the Application
Once the installation is complete, click Run Application
5.3CX Auto Logout Configuration Screen
The ‘3CX Auto Logout’ configuration screen enables you to register software, configure the max missed calls and Schedule Timer, and start/stop ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service.
5.1. Register Software (License tab)
Registration is required to enable your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
1. On the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, in the License tab, enter your registration information in all the required fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
2. Click Register.
5.2. Configure ‘3CX Auto Logout’ Settings (Settings tab)
The Settings tab enables you to configure the service settings like Schedule Timer, Max Missed Calls and Logout from Specific Queues settings.
The ‘Max Missed Calls’ is the number of consecutive calls an agent can miss. As soon as the agent reaches the specified ‘Max Missed Calls’ limit in a specific queue, the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
The ‘Schedule Timer’ runs regularly at the configured time to automatically restart the ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’. Restarting the service adds any new queue agents to the list of monitored extensions.
1. In the Settings tab, in the Max Missed Calls field, type the maximum number of consecutive calls an agent can miss.
2. In the Schedule Timer field, set the time by using the up and down arrows, to indicate when the service should be restarted. On restarting, all the previous date data will be erased and the timer will be set to zero.
3. Logout From Specified Queues checkbox:.
a. Uncheck the check box if you want the agent to logout only from the queue that got the missed call and reached Max Missed Calls limit.
b. Check the check box if you want to select specific queues from which you want the agent to be logged out on reaching Max Missed Calls limit. If you have enabled this setting, then all the specific queues that you have selected will logout the agent on reaching Max Missed Calls limit, while those that you have unselected will not logout the agent even after reaching Max Missed Calls limit.
c. Click Save and then click OK.
5.3. Start/Stop ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’
1. To start or stop the service, at the bottom of the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, click the Start / Stop buttons respectively.
2. Click the Refresh link to update the service status if changes were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.
5.4. Email Configuration (Email tab)
The Email tab enables you to configure email settings so that the ‘Auto Logout’ will send emails to notify about the logout information to both the logged out agent and the respective managers of all the groups to which the logged out agent belongs to.
1. Under Mail Server section, check Email Extensions check box if you want notification about the logout information to the logged out users and the managers of all the groups to which the logged out agent belongs to.
2. In the Mail Server field, enter IP address or ‘Fully Qualified Domain Name’ (FQDN) of your email server. Examples: smtp.gmail.com or 192.168.1.20
3. In the Port field, enter the port number. The default value is 25. For Gmail/ Google Apps use port 587
4. In the Email From field, enter the email address to use as the “from” email address. Note that your SMTP server may require a valid email address be used. For example: email@example.com
5. The Email Subject field, automatically displays logout information of the logged out user.
6. In the Alt Email field, enter an email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a temporary address meant to only test if the email server is working as per the set configuration.
7. Check Requires Authentication check box if your mail server requires authentication to relay emails.
8. Enter credentials in the User ID and Password fields. You can click button to display password characters.
9. Select Requires SSL/ TLS check box if your mail server requires a secure connection – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) to relay email. Gmail, Google Apps and Microsoft 365 require a secure connection.
10. Click Test button to confirm whether ‘3CX Auto Logout’ can send emails. For this, temporarily enter an email address in the Alt Email field and press Test button. You may need to make configuration changes to your mail server to permit the relay of emails from 3CX Auto Logout.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.