3CX Caller ID allows your call center to perform calls on behalf of franchises. On calling a specific franchise customer, your outbound Caller ID will reflect the phone number of the respective franchise. The application updates the agent’s extension with the outbound caller ID with the franchise’s phone number so that the caller ID of the agent matches with that of the local franchise.
3CX Caller ID has the following features:
• The application log-in is privilege based. As a manager, you can view all the web pages while the agents can only view the ‘Caller IDs’ screen that allows them to select the desired franchise.
• When you need to call back a customer, you can ensure that the caller ID displayed to the customer is same as that of the correct franchise.
• Once the call is done, you can revert the caller ID back to the default number.
Before installing 3CX Caller ID, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version 16
2. Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
4. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
5. .Net 4.7.2 or above
You can order ‘3CX CallerID’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX CallerID’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX CallerID
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX CallerID’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXCallerIDInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX CallerID’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX CallerID
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXCallerIDInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX CallerID directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Type drop down, select Legacy Relay for old Relay or New Relay for new Relay based on the 3CX version of your application.
If you choose ‘Relay Type’ as ‘Legacy Relay’ then ‘3CX Caller ID’ will communicate with old Relay Service, and if you choose ‘New Relay’ then it will communicate with new Relay Service.
2. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing ‘3CX Caller ID’ on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
3. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700 for Legacy Relay or 8800 for New Relay.
The ‘3CX Caller ID’ will take default port as 8700 for ‘Legacy Relay’ and 8800 for ‘New Relay’. If the default port number doesn’t appear automatically, you can manually enter the respective default port number.
4. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Caller ID’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
5. If the ‘3CX Caller ID’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK.
6. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
If this is your first install then, select a valid SQL server and if you are reinstalling then select the existing database.
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPTools” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the User name and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click Test Connection button to confirm you can connect to SQL
5. Click OK to save the SQL Connection information
6. Click Next to create the required SQL database objects.
Step 7: Installation Complete
1. The server installation status screen will display the installation progress.
To access the ‘3CX CallerID’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX CallerID’ Web).
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
3. Click Login button to login to your account.
• User Privileges
In 3CX Console Management, an extension in a group will have ‘Manager’ privileges if you assign ‘Manager’ role or will have ‘User’ privileges if you assign ‘User’ role.
To register, click the icon that appears on the desktop once the installation is successfully done. Once you have logged into the 3CX Caller ID web portal, the system displays ‘License’ screen.
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
5.2.1. Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension 1. Log-in to ‘3CX Caller ID’ web portal as an agent. 2. In the Caller IDs screen and from the Numbers drop down, select the franchise whose extension you want to apply to your outbound caller ID. 3. Once applied, the system displays the successfully updated message 5.2.2. Revert Back To Agent Default Caller ID Reverting a CallerID for an agent will revert it back to the ‘Agent Caller ID’ (specified in the Agents tab). If the agent is not assigned any Caller ID, then the application takes ‘Default CallerID’ (specified in the Settings tab) of the extension group to which the agent belongs to. 1. In the Caller IDs screen, beside Numbers drop down, click Revert button. 2. Once revert process is successful, the system displays the successfully reverted message. 5.2.3. Manually Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension 1. In the Manual Number field, enter the desired number manually with which you want to update the ‘Outbound Caller ID’ for the logged-in user in the 3CX Console Management’ 2. Beside Manual Number field, click Update button to update the login extension with new manual CallerID.
5.2.1. Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension
1. Log-in to ‘3CX Caller ID’ web portal as an agent.
2. In the Caller IDs screen and from the Numbers drop down, select the franchise whose extension you want to apply to your outbound caller ID.
3. Once applied, the system displays the successfully updated message
5.2.2. Revert Back To Agent Default Caller ID
Reverting a CallerID for an agent will revert it back to the ‘Agent Caller ID’ (specified in the Agents tab). If the agent is not assigned any Caller ID, then the application takes ‘Default CallerID’ (specified in the Settings tab) of the extension group to which the agent belongs to.
1. In the Caller IDs screen, beside Numbers drop down, click Revert button.
2. Once revert process is successful, the system displays the successfully reverted message.
5.2.3. Manually Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension
1. In the Manual Number field, enter the desired number manually with which you want to update the ‘Outbound Caller ID’ for the logged-in user in the 3CX Console Management’
2. Beside Manual Number field, click Update button to update the login extension with new manual CallerID.
The Numbers screen displays Caller ID and Franchise details based on the selection of desired extension group.
5.3.1. Add a Franchise
1. In the Numbers screen and from the Extension Group Name dropdown list, select the desired extension group to which you want to add a new franchise.
2. In the column header, click Add button. New row appears allowing you to enter data.
3. In the Name field, enter the name of the new franchise.
4. In the Number field, enter the ‘Caller ID Number’ for the new franchise.
5. At the footer of the screen, click Cancel button to cancel or click Save button to save the new franchise to the selected extension group.
5.3.2. Delete Existing Franchise
1. In the Numbers screen, click Delete button beside the franchise that you want to delete.
2. Confirmation message box appears. Click OK.
The Agents screen maintains agent extensions and their respective default Caller IDs.
5.4.1. Edit Caller ID
1. In the Agents screen and in the Caller ID column, click the ‘Caller ID’ field of the respective agent. The system enables you to enter the latest ID.
2. In the footer of the Agents screen, click Cancel button to cancel or click Save button to save the new Caller ID.
Hover over the mouse on Settings tab to display the drop down menu with the following menu options:
1. Caller Settings
2. Site Settings
5.5.1. Caller Settings
The Caller Settings screen enables you to:
1. Select desired extension group for identifying the users as agents or managers.
2. Configure ‘Default CallerID’ for the selected extension group.
Reverting a Caller ID (from the Caller IDs screen) for a specific extension group, will revert to its respective ‘Default CallerID’ (as configured in the Caller Settings screen).
1. Hover over the mouse on Settings tab and from the drop down menu, select Caller Settings
2. In the Caller Settings screen, from the Extension Group Name: drop down, select the desired extension group.
3. The Select Default CallerID drop down lists all the Caller IDs associated to the Extension Group that you have just selected. Select the desired CallerID from the list to make it as a Default Caller ID for the extension group that you have just selected.
4. Click Save.
5. Information message box appears. Click OK.
5.5.2. Site Settings
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
1. Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
2. Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
3. Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
4. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Instructions For Custom Brand Settings
1. Hover over the mouse on Settings tab and from the drop down menu, select Site Settings
2. In the Custom Branding Settings form, perform the following Brand Setting Customizations:
a. Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
i. Beside Header Gradient Color and from the Top Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display as the top color for the ‘Application Title Header’.
ii. From the Bottom Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display at the bottom of the ‘Application Title Header’ in gradient to the selected Top Color.
b. Customize Grid Color
i. From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data.
ii. The final display after applying ‘Grid Color’ branding settings:
c. Customize Logo
i. If you are uploading the logo for the first time then, beside Upload New Logo field, click Browse and select the logo that you want to apply. You will now observe that the logo is added to the Custom Logo drop down list.
ii. From the Custom Logo drop down list, select the logo that you have just uploaded.
d. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
3. Once you perform desired customizations, click Apply.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions, during normal business hours, which is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time), and 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Indian Standard Time).
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us