3CX Caller ID allows your call center to perform calls on behalf of franchises. On calling a specific franchise customer, your outbound Caller ID will reflect the phone number of the respective franchise. The application updates the agent’s extension with the outbound caller ID with the franchise’s phone number so that the caller ID of the agent matches with that of the local franchise.
3CX Caller ID has the following features:
• The application log-in is privilege based. As a manager, you can view all the web pages while the agents can only view the ‘Caller IDs’ screen that allows them to select the desired franchise.
• When you need to call back a customer, you can ensure that the caller ID displayed to the customer is same as that of the correct franchise.
• Once the call is done, you can revert the caller ID back to the default number.
Before installing 3CX Caller ID, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version V16 and V18
2. Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
4. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
5. .Net 4.7.2 or above
• When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order ‘3CX CallerID’ on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX CallerID’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX CallerID
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX CallerID’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXCallerIDInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX CallerID’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
4.Step By Step Installation Procedure
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Caller ID’.
You can locate the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the install of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Caller ID’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
1). Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
2). In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
3). The installer will download and install the selected applications.
4). If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
5). In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
6. Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
7. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
8. In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process
1). After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Caller ID Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
2). On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Caller ID’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
3). Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings
1). In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
2). To maximize security, we strongly urge you to configure the Relay and 3CX Caller ID to use of https (TLS encryption). To use TLS security, ensure the Relay Port is set to 8801 and the Protocol to HTTPS. However, if your Relay is not configured to use TLS encryption, change the Relay Port to 8800 and the Protocol to HTTP.
3). Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Caller ID’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
(2) confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
(3) confirm that 3CX Caller ID and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
4). If the ‘3CX Caller ID’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
5). Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 5: Configure the database
When configuring 3CX Caller ID, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL Server to permit remote connections), or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
1). On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
2). To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
3). In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
4). To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
5). In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Caller ID, select the existing database name from the list.
6). Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Caller ID
1). In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Caller ID’.
2). The application installation progresses.
3). Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Caller ID check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Caller ID configuration screen opens. If you want to simply close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then simply uncheck Launch 3CX Caller ID check box and then click Finish
To access the ‘3CX CallerID’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX CallerID’ Web).
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
3. Click Login button to login to your account.
• User Privileges
In 3CX Console Management, an extension in a group will have ‘Manager’ privileges if you assign ‘Manager’ role or will have ‘User’ privileges if you assign ‘User’ role.
To register, click the icon that appears on the desktop once the installation is successfully done. Once you have logged-in with valid credentials, the 3CX Caller ID web portal displays ‘License’ screen.
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
5.2.Caller IDs Screen
5.2.1. Update Existing Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension
1. Log-in to ‘3CX Caller ID’ web portal as an agent.
2. In the Caller IDs screen and from the Numbers drop down, select the franchise whose extension you want to apply to your outbound caller ID.
3. Once applied, the system displays the successfully updated message
5.2.2. Manually Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension
1. In the Manual Number field, enter the desired number manually with which you want to update the ‘Outbound Caller ID’ for the logged-in user in the 3CX Console Management’
2. Beside Manual Number field, click Update button to update the login extension with new manual CallerID. The Manual Number field displays the manual Caller ID.
5.2.3. Revert Back To Agent Default Caller ID
Reverting a CallerID for an agent will revert it back to the ‘Agent Caller ID’ (specified in the Agents tab). If the agent is not assigned any Caller ID, then the application takes ‘Default CallerID’ (specified in the Settings tab) of the extension group to which the agent belongs.
1. In the Caller IDs screen, beside Numbers drop down, click Revert button.
2. Once revert process is successful, the system displays the successfully reverted message and the outbound caller id of the extension.
The Numbers screen displays Caller ID and Franchise details based on the selection of desired extension group.
5.3.1. Add a Franchise
1. In the Numbers screen and from the Extension Group Name dropdown list, select the desired extension group to which you want to add a new franchise.
2. In the column header, click Add button. New row appears allowing you to enter data.
3. In the Name field, enter the name of the new franchise.
4. In the Number field, enter the ‘Caller ID Number’ for the new franchise.
5. At the footer of the screen, click Cancel button to cancel or click Save button to save the new franchise to the selected extension group.
5.3.2. Delete Existing Franchise
1. In the Numbers screen, click Delete button beside the franchise that you want to delete.
2. Confirmation message box appears. Click OK.
The Agents screen maintains agent extensions and their respective default Caller IDs.
5.4.1. Edit Caller ID
1. In the Agents screen and in the Caller ID column, click the ‘Caller ID’ field of the respective agent. The system enables you to enter the latest ID.
2. In the footer of the Agents screen, click Cancel button to cancel or click Save button to save the new Caller ID.
5.4.2. Add/Remove Agent
1). On the menu bar, click Agents.
2). In the Agents screen, below tab bar, select Add/Remove Agents from 3CX check box.
3).Success message box appears. Click OK.
4). Refresh the screen to see the updated names in the Name column.
Hover over the mouse on Settings tab to display the drop down menu with the following menu options:
1. Caller Settings
2. Site Settings
5.5.1. Caller Settings
The Caller Settings screen enables you to:
1. Select desired extension group for identifying the users as agents or managers.
2. Configure ‘Default CallerID’ for the selected extension group.
Reverting a Caller ID (from the Caller IDs screen) for a specific extension group, will revert to its respective ‘Default CallerID’ (as configured in the Caller Settings screen).
1. Hover over the mouse on Settings tab and from the drop down menu, select Caller Settings
2. In the Caller Settings screen, from the Extension Group Name: drop down, select the desired extension group.
3. The Select Default CallerID drop down lists all the Caller IDs associated to the Extension Group that you have just selected. Select the desired CallerID from the list to make it as a Default Caller ID for the extension group that you have just selected.
4. Click Save.
5. Information message box appears. Click OK.
22.214.171.124. Hide Manual Number
(Available only in Version:16.0)
This feature enables you to hide ‘Manual Number’ in the CallerID screen so that the user can access/ update only existing outbound caller id extension.
1. Check Hide Manual Number checkbox and then click Save.
2. Navigate to CallerID screen and you should now be able to see only Number field.
Unhide Manual Number
5.5.2. Site Settings
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
1. Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
2. Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
3. Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
4. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Instructions For Custom Brand Settings
1. Hover over the mouse on Settings tab and from the drop down menu, select Site Settings
2. In the Custom Branding Settings form, perform the following Brand Setting Customizations:
a. Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
i. Beside Header Gradient Color and from the Top Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display as the top color for the ‘Application Title Header’.
ii. From the Bottom Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display at the bottom of the ‘Application Title Header’ in gradient to the selected Top Color.
b. Customize Grid Color
i. From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data.
ii. The final display after applying ‘Grid Color’ branding settings:
c. Customize Logo
i. If you are uploading the logo for the first time then, beside Upload New Logo field, click Browse and select the logo that you want to apply. You will now observe that the logo is added to the Custom Logo drop down list.
ii. From the Custom Logo drop down list, select the logo that you have just uploaded.
d. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
3. Once you perform desired customizations, click Apply.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.