Any business can get more successful with happy and returning customers only when you implement good business ideas and follow great marketing plans. For this, you need to look for an easier way to connect with your customers to satisfy them with your services. 3CX Click-to-Call is a web-based communication that allows your website customers to enter their phone number and click on a button to initiate an immediate phone connection with your service. It is not only a free call for the customer, but is also a super easy way to request for a call. You can set the extension of your choice based on your requirement. With this feature on your website, you can expect better conversion rates, higher average orders and increased sales.
1.1. What is 3CX Click-To-Call?
3CX Click-to-Call is a 3CX/ PBX plugin enables your customers to enter their phone number and immediately receive a phone call from your customer service Department. For instance, if the web component is on the “support” page of the website, the call goes to the technical support queue, and if the web component is on the “Contact Us” page, the call goes to the sales queue. 3CX Click-To-Call can be integrated into your existing ASP.Net website. It requires only a few lines of code. Since 3CX Click-To-Call runs as a web service, you can run 3CX Click-To-Call from any server. Even if your website is hosted remotely, or is not running on windows (Apache and PHP for example) you can still use Click-To-Call by using an iframe. The web component occupies a small area of your screen and appears as shown below:
1.2. Why 3CX Click-To-Call?
1. Free calls for the customer.
2. Call request made super easy.
3. The extension can be of your choice to meet your requirement.
1.3. How to use 3CX Click-To-Call?
3CX Click-To-Call is a onetime installation process. Once you install it, the product will cause the phone system to call the number that the customer had entered in the Call text bar and diverts the call to the appropriate queue by making use of the extension set for that queue.
Before installing 3CX Click-To-Call, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. Windows (7,8,2008, 2012) 64 Bit
2. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7+
3. ASP.Net 4.0 (C# or VB) or above
4. Basic knowledge of web programming and IIS configuration
5. 3CX Commercial License V11 – V15.5 or above
You can order 3CX Click-To-Call on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing 3CX Click-To-Call. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
Install 3CX Click-To-Call
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Click-To-Call. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXClickToCall.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Click-To-Call. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Click-To-Call
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software.
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXClickToCall.exe.
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Special note for Multi-tenant installations:
1. If you are installing 3CX Click-To-Call on a 3CX Cloud (Multi-tenant) server, an additional screen will display with a combo box containing a list of all installed tenants. Select the correct tenant and continue.
2. If you are installing 3CX Click-To-Call on a separate server and pointing it to a 3CX Cloud server, you will need to tell the installer the name of the specific tenant desired. Start the installer from a command window and include an additional parameter: tenantname=<your-tenant-name>. Passing the tenant name to the installer will pre-fill the combo box with the correct tenant name. For example:3CXClickToCall.exe tenantname=the3CXtenantname
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between by VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX Click-To-Call directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test the VoIPTools Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing 3CX Click-To-Call on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
2. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700
3. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm 3CX Click-To-Call can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
4. Press Sample Site button to access the sample site.
Figure 7: 3CX Click-To-Call Instructions
5. Once you install the software and configure it with the website, you will see the web component as shown below. Enter your phone number and click Call to get a call back from the customer support.
Figure 8: 3CX Click-To-Call web component
If you need support, would like to request an enhancement to 3CX Click-To-Call, or are interested in discussing a custom solution, you can contact as at the following:
Address: 2306 Shimmering Bay Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45244-2760
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time)
Phone: USA: +1 801-642-4655
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us