‘3CX Do Not Call’ is a Windows service that monitors all outbound calls. If the dialed number is on an internal Do-Not-Call list, then the call will be dropped; and the dialing extension will receive an email notification if it has been selected in the ‘Send Email’ list.
1.1. How do I Install the ‘3CX Do Not Call’?
VoipTools will give you a download link and license key after purchase. You can simply go through the simple installer to proceed with the installation.
1.2. What Are The Features?
1. Ability to set an expiry date on each entry.
2. Ability to manually add numbers to the list.
3. Receive email notification when calling a number on an internal Do-Not-Call list, if the dialing extension is selected in ‘Send Email’ list.
4. View the call log history of all the extensions that dialed the numbers on ‘Do Not Call List’.
Before installing ‘3CX Do Not Call’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version 15.5 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
2. Microsoft .Net 4.6
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express (free) and above
4. Windows 10 and above / Windows Server 2012 and above (64 bit)
5. Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 and above
You can order ‘3CX Do Not Call’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Do Not Call’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install ‘3CX Do Not Call’
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Do Not Call’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXDoNotCallInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Do Not Call’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Do Not Call’
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXDoNotCallInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing ‘3CX Do Not Call’ directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing ‘3CX Do Not Call’ on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
2. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700
The default port number is 8700.
3. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Do Not Call’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
4. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
If this is your first install then, select a valid SQL server and if you are reinstalling then select the existing database.
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPToys” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the User name and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click Test Connection button to confirm you can connect to SQL
5. Click OK to close the test results dialog
6. Click Next to continue the installation
Step 7: Run the Application
Once the installation is complete, click Run Application
To access the ‘3CX Do Not Call’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Do Not Call’ Web).
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX Voicemail PIN.
3. Click Login button to login to your account.
4. Check Remember me check box so that next time you can login automatically without providing login credentials.
The Settings screen enables you to register software, set ‘Scheduled Time’ to configure ‘Contact Expiry Date’ so that the contact will delete at the scheduled time, start/stop service, configure culture settings, and email server settings
5.1.1. Register Software (License screen)
Registration is required to authorize your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates.
1. On the 3CX Do Not Call configuration screen, click Settings tab, and then select License tab.
2. Enter your registration information in all the fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
3. Click Register.
5.1.2. Settings Screen
From here, you can configure ‘Scheduled Time’, and restart ‘3CX Do Not Call’ application with new settings.
1. Under General, and in the Scheduled Time field, enter the desired time so that the timer will check regularly at the scheduled time for contacts that have reached expiry date and deletes them contact from the ‘Do Not Call List’.
2. Press Reload button to log all the users out of ‘Do Not Call’ and restart the application with new settings.
5.1.3. General Screen
From here, you can configure Culture settings and start/stop ‘3CX Do Not Call’ service.
You can set the default display culture used when displaying dates and times. The portal will automatically update the display of the underlying UTC date/ time stored in the database to the selected culture. This is a global setting.
• From the Display Culture dropdown, select the language to control the display of data for the complete ‘3CX Do Not Call’ web portal. The default language is English-US.
• Start/Stop Service
• To start or stop a service, click Start/ Stop button.
• Click Refresh link to update the status if changes to the service status were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.
|Start/ Stop||A Windows Service (3CX Do Not Call) runs in the background. You can monitor the status of this service here (Running, Stopped, Unknown). If you make changes to any of the settings, it is necessary to stop and start the service.|
|Refresh||The ‘Refresh’ link will update the status if changes to the service status were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.|
5.1.4. Email Screen
From here, you can configure ‘Email Server Settings’.
• Configure Email Notifications
1. On the Settings screen, click Email .
2. Check the Enable Notifications checkbox if you want to enable email notifications.
• Add Email Address
1. To define who should receive notifications, on the left of Email Address column header, click Add button and add email addresses. The grid supports batch edit which enables you can add or delete or edit multiple addresses before you save update them.
2. In the Email Address field, enter the email address where notifications should be sent.
3. Click Save changes to save the email address to the grid.
• Update Email Address
1. From the Email Address list, select and edit the desired email address that you want to edit.
2. Click Save changes to save the updated email address to the list.
• Delete Email Address
1. In the Email Address list, look for the email address that you want to delete.
2. Beside the desired email address, click Delete button.
3. To save your changes, press the Save Changes button
• Email Notification Settings
1. In the Mail Server text field, enter the mail server name (IP address or ‘Fully Qualified Domain Name’ (FQDN)) from which you want to send the notifications.
2. In the Port field, enter the port number of the mail server. Default port number is 25.
3. In the Reply Address field, enter the email address from which you want to send the notifications.
4. In the User and Password fields, enter the login credentials of the email account from which you want to send the notifications (if required by your mail server).
5. If you want to reveal the password, click the More button; and to conceal it, click the same button once again.
6. Check SSL/TLS check box if your server requires a secure connection to relay email.
7. To test your email settings, you can send a sample email notification to the configured email addresses by clicking on the Test button.
8. Click Save to save all the email server and notification settings.
You can access Import screen only as a ‘Manager’. Here, you can import contacts from a CSV file into the central repository of contacts.
• Import Contact List
1. Log into the ‘3CX Do Not Call’ Web Portal with ‘Manager’ credentials.
2. In the Import screen, and in the Import File field, click Browse button to select the import file (.csv).
3. In the List Name field, enter the name for the contact list.
If you do not specify List Name, then the contact will be created without a list name.
4. Select the Delimiter option according to the one that you have specified in the import file (.csv).
5. Click Get Fields button to load the CSV column headers into the CSV File list box.
6. Move each one of the columns from the CSV File list box into the CSV Field list box by appropriately using and buttons such that the columns in CSV Field list box will match with those of Contact Field list box.
7. If you want to overwrite existing contacts, check Update existing contacts check box.
8. Click Import button to import all the contacts from the CSV file into the central repository of contacts.
• Export Contact Data
1. In the search field, enter SQL query or desired phone/ registered date/ expiry date to filter and display contacts accordingly and then click Apply.
2. Once the grid displays the result, you can export the display data to the desired format by clicking appropriate button. The possible formats are .pdf, .xls, xlsx and .rtf
The Send Email screen enables you to select desired contacts from the list of all the contacts to which you want to send email notification in case if they call the contacts that are in ‘Do Not Call List’
1. In the Send Email screen, select all the extensions for which you want to send email notifications.
2. Click Update to save the changes.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions, during normal business hours, which is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time), and 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Indian Standard Time).
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/product-download-page/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us