Everybody knows there is always one task that never gets done on almost every 3CX install — entering the holiday schedule. But now it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for not configuring holidays.
With a new FREE tool from VoIPTools, you can select National and Religious holidays from countries all around the world and import them directly into 3CX! And because 3CX Holiday Importer enables you to quickly import holidays through the year 2029, this may be the last time you have to touch the holiday schedule.
Before installing ‘3CX Holiday Importer’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version 15.5
2. .Net framework 4.6.1
3. VoIPTools Relay installed on the 3CX server
You can order ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Holiday Importer’.
Install 3CX Holiday Importer
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXHolidayImporterInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Holiday Importer’
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXHolidayImporter.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX Holiday Importer directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
2. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700
The default port number is 8700.
3. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm 3CX Holiday Importer can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
4. If the 3CX Holiday Importer is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK.
5. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Run the Application
Once the installation is complete, click Run Application
The 3CX Holiday Importer Settings configuration screen enables you to register software, import holidays for a specific country for a specific year, add custom holidays and edit or delete existing holidays.
5.1. Register Software
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
a. In the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, click License tab, and then in the License Key field, enter valid license key.
b. Enter appropriate details in all the other fields of the page.
c. Click Register
d. In the confirmation message box, click OK.
5.2. Holidays Screen
Holidays tab enables you to import holidays for a specific country for a specific year, add custom holidays and edit or delete existing holidays.
5.2.1. Import Holidays
1. On the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, Click Holidays tab.
2. From the Country Holidays dropdown, select the country for which you want to import the holidays.
3. Click Get Holidays button to import the holidays of the selected country for the desired year.
4. Press the “Get Holidays” button to display a list of holidays.
5. Click Save to 3CX to import the holidays into 3CX.
5.2.2. Add/ Edit/ Delete Holidays
You may wish to add custom holidays, or choose not to import all of the holidays displayed. 3CX Holiday Importer enables you to add your own holidays, edit existing holidays, or remove holidays prior to importing them into 3CX.
At the bottom of the grid you will see a list of controls for managing holiday records. Hovering over each control will display a tool-tip describing the function of each button. Using these buttons you can scroll through the list, add, edit, or delete holiday records.
5.2.3. Add Custom Holiday
To add your own holidays, simply scroll to the bottom of the list of holidays displayed. At the bottom you will see a blank row where you can add additional holidays.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the list of holidays displayed.
2. Click beside the blank row and the symbol changes to
3. At the bottom of the grid, you will see Toolbar for managing holiday records.
4. Click Append button to add a custom holiday.
5. In the Holiday field, enter the name of the holiday.
6. In the Day combo box, select or type the date for the holiday.
7. In the Month combo box, select or type the month for the holiday.
8. From the Year dropdown, select the year for the holiday.
9. Click Save to 3CX button to save the custom holiday to 3CX server.
5.2.4. Edit Holidays
To edit an existing holiday, simply click on the holiday to be edited and make the desired changes. You can cancel your edits by pressing the “X” button. To save your edits, click on the checkmark control, or click on a different record.
1. From the holiday list, select the holiday that you want to edit.
2. At the bottom of the grid and from the toolbar, click Edit button.
3. Observe that Edit symbol appears beside the holiday that you want to edit.
4. Make the required changes to the holiday.
5. From the toolbar, click End Edit button to end the modification.
6. Click Save to 3CX button to save the changes to 3CX server.
7. If you want to cancel the modification, click Cancel Edit button before you save the changes.
5.2.5. Delete Holidays
1. From the holiday list, select the holiday that you want to delete.
2. At the bottom of the grid and from the tool bar, click Delete button to delete the holiday.
3. Click Save to 3CX button to save the changes to 3CX server.
This does not remove the holiday from the list of available holidays.
5.2.6. Clear Holiday List
If you want to start over, you can clear the displayed list of holidays and start over again by reimporting the desired holidays.
1. On the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, click Holidays tab.
2. Click Clear Holidays button. This will remove any displayed holidays.
5.2.7. Reoccuring Holidays
For those holidays that occur on the same day each year (‘New Year’s Day’ for example), you can set a holiday to reoccur every year.
If you need support, would like to request an enhancement to ‘3CX Holiday Importer’, or are interested in discussing a custom solution, you can contact as at the following:
Address: 2306 Shimmering Bay Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45244-2760
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time)
Phone: USA: +1 801-642-4655
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us