Every organization strives to offer better service to its customers. 3CX Survey Creator enables you to collect information that identifies how your customers feel about the services offered by your organization through phone surveys. This information will enable you to identify areas where your organization can improve, increase the quality of services that you provide, and measure the effectiveness of individual staff members.
1.1. What is 3CX Survey Creator?
3CX Survey Creator creates phone based automated surveys. Through a web based application you create Surveys and associate them with a specialized Digital Receptionist (IVR). To take a survey, the caller is transferred to a 3CX Digital Receptionist where a series of questions are asked and the caller’s responses are saved in a SQL database.
1.2. Why 3CX Survey Creator?
1. To survey callers regarding the quality of service provided by your organization.
2. To analyze the caller’s responses and make informed decisions.
1.3. How to use 3CX Survey Creator?
To create a survey, you need to log into the 3CX Survey Creator web portal as an admin. There you can create questions, group questions into surveys, and associate a survey with a specific extension within 3CX. With Survey Creator you can create an extensive library of surveys, and easily modify existing surveys to further refine the information you collect. As an agent, you can transfer a customer’s call to a survey. Once the customer participates in the survey and exits from the call, the survey results can be viewed by the admin.
Before installing 3CX Survey Creator, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version 12 – 15.5 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
2. Windows 7 – 10 Pro or Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) and above
3. SQL Server 2008 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
4. Microsoft .Net 4.7.1
5. VoIPTools’ 3CX Relay Service installed on the 3CX server
6. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) version 7 and above
7. Installation on a domain controller may require additional assistance
You can order 3CX Survey Creator on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing 3CX Survey Creator. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Survey Creator
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Survey Creator. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXSurveyCreatorInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Survey Creator. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Survey Creator
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
1. Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
2. From the popup menu, select Extract All to extract the software.
Step 3: Start the installation process
1. From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXSurveyCreatorInstaller.exe
2. Double-click the file to start the VoIPToys Setup Wizard.
3. Click Next to continue.
1. If you are installing 3CX Survey Creator on a 3CX Cloud (Multi-tenant) server, an additional screen will display with a combo box containing a list of all installed tenants. Select the correct tenant and continue.
2. If you are installing 3CX Survey Creator on a separate server and pointing it to a 3CX Cloud server, you will need to tell the installer the name of the specific tenant desired. Start the installer from a command window and include an additional parameter: tenantname=<your-tenant-name>. Passing the tenant name to the installer will pre-fill the combo box with the correct tenant name. For example:3CXSurveyCreator.exe tenantname=the3CXtenantname
Step 4: Download the VoIPTools 3CX Relay (if required)
3CX permits one 3rd party application to communicate with the 3CX server at a time. To overcome this limitation, VoIPTools created the 3CX Relay Service. The Relay is a lightweight application that is installed directly on the 3CX server. The Relay exposes the 3CX Call Control API (and other VoIPTools services) to all our applications, and manages requests and events between by VoIPTools products and 3CX. The Relay also makes it possible to install our VoIPTools products on a remote server (including over the internet).
1. If you have not previously installed the Relay on your 3CX Server, you can download the Relay installer by clicking on the Download Relay button. The Relay must be installed directly on the 3CX server.
2. If you are installing 3CX Survey Creator directly on the 3CX server, you can install the Relay simply by clicking the Install/ Upgrade Relay button and following the Relay install instructions.
Step 5: Test the VoIPTools 3CX Relay Settings
1. In the Relay Services Host field, enter “localhost” if installing 3CX Survey Creator on the 3CX server. If 3CX resides on a different server, enter the IP address or FQDN of the 3CX server.
2. In the Relay Services Port field, enter the value as 8700
3. Click Test Relay Settings to confirm 3CX Survey Creator can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
4. Click Next to continue the installation.
Step 6: Configure the database
1. When prompted for the database connection information, click Configure.
2. In the Connection Properties dialog box, enter the SQL server name. If using the free SQL Express edition, the default SQL Instance name is <your-server-name>\SQLExpress.
3. Enter the login credentials.
a. If using Windows integrated security, select Use Windows Authentication. The VoIPTools installer will create a local windows user name as “VoIPToys” and will give sufficient rights to this user to create / update the SQL database.
b. If SQL Server authentication is desired, select Use SQL Server Authentication. Be sure to select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects. Enter the Username and Password, and select appropriate database value from the Select or enter a database name drop down.
4. Click the Test Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server.
5. Click OK to save the SQL Connection information.
6. Click Next to create the required SQL database objects.
7. When the installation is complete, click Close.
The 3CX Survey Creator configuration screen enables you to register software, set recording path, check and upload latest versions of the application, start/ stop 3CX Survey Creator service and connect to the web portal.
5.1. Register Software
Registration is required to authorize your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates.
1. On the 3CX Survey Creator configuration screen, select License tab.
2. Enter your registration information in all the fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
3. Click Register.
5.2. Configure Recording Path
The Recording Path specifies the original location where the recordings are stored. You can change the default path if required.
1. On the 3CX Survey Creator configuration screen, select Settings tab. By default, the 3CX Survey Creator displays the default recording path.
2. To change the default path (if desired), click More button beside Recording Path field.
3. Browse the desired location where you want to store the recordings.
5.3. Check for Updates
The Check for Updates button on the License tab enables you to easily download the latest version of 3CX Survey Creator. If a newer version of 3CX Survey Creator is available, the message will indicate that a newer version is available. Clicking the button will automatically download a .zip file of the latest version of the software. You can install the new version directly over the top of a previous version without the need to uninstall the previous version.
5.4. Start/ Stop 3CX Survey Creator Service
1. In the Settings screen, and at the footer, click Start to start the service.
2. Click Stop to stop the service.
5.5. Connect to Web Portal
1. In the Settings screen, click Web Portal button.
2. In the License screen, at the footer, click Web Portal.
To access the ‘3CX Survey Creator’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (3CX Survey Creator Web).
An admin logs into web portal to create and edit questions or surveys and view survey results. The ‘Survey Results’ screen enables an admin to view customer’s response and feedback. When an agent transfers customer’s call to a survey, the customer participates in the survey and exits from the call. The survey results are then added to the ‘Survey Results’ screen, which can be viewed by the admin.
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number
2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX Voicemail PIN
3. Click Login button to login to your account
Log in as Admin
As an admin, you can add/edit a question or survey, and you can view the survey result.
Login as Agent
As an agent, you can transfer the customer’s call to a survey. You will not be able to view or listen to the customer’s response or feedback for the survey.
The Survey screen allows you to add a new survey, edit or publish an existing survey. Once you create and publish a survey, you need not publish again even if you edit the survey.
6.1.1. Call Back Feature
Call Back feature is introduced to conduct an online survey on the product. However, participating in the survey is completely optional to the customer.
When a customer calls the agent, the call connection is automatically diverted to a queue where the customer is offered an option to participate in the survey. Once the customer confirms or rejects the participation, the call connection is diverted to the agent (pre-defined extension) in order to continue with the regular call. Once the customer exits from the current call, the customer will get a call back (pre-defined extension) if the participation was confirmed, and will not get any call back if the participation was rejected. The customer is also given an option to take survey on a different number.
Illustration of Call Back Feature
1. Customer calls the agent.
2. Call connection is diverted to Survey Queue (for example: 5000)
3. Customer is given an option to confirm or reject the participation in the survey after exiting the current call. (For example: Press 1 to participate or Press 2 to reject and talk to agent)
4. If the customer presses 1 (confirms participation):
a. Customer is asked to confirm the number for call back after exiting the current call.
i. If ‘Yes’, press 1 to get a call back on the same number, after exiting the current call.
ii. If ‘No’, press 2 to provide a different number on which you want to take the survey after exiting the current call.
b. Once the customer confirms the call back number, call connection exits from the Survey Queue: 5000 and connects to the agent to continue with the regular call.
c. After exiting the current call, customer will get call back on the provided number to participate in the survey.
5. If the customer presses 2 (rejects participation):
a. The call connection exits from the Survey Queue: 5000 and connects to the agent to continue with the regular call.
b. After exiting the current call, the customer will not get any call back to participate in the survey.
6.1.2. Add a Survey
1. On the menu bar, click Surveys
2. In the Survey Maintenance screen, click Add button to create a new survey
3. In the Add/ Edit Survey dialog box and in the Survey CFD field, enter the Survey Extension number.
4. In the Survey Name field, enter the name for current survey.
5. In the Survey Description field, enter the description for current survey.
6. In the Survey Intro Prompt section, you can create a either a new ‘Text-To-Speech’ prompt or upload a pre-recorded prompt.
a. To create ‘Text-To-Speech’ prompt:
i. In the Prompt (Text-To-Speech) text field, enter the welcome data so that the customer will be able to hear the audio format of the text at the beginning of the call.
ii. In the .WAV File field, enter the name for the ‘Text-To-Speech’ prompt.
iii. Under Need to change text section, and from Locale drop down, choose appropriate language to reflect in the ‘Text-To-Speech’ audio file.
iv. From the Gender drop down, choose Male option for male voice or Female option for female voice to reflect in the ‘Text-To-Speech’ audio file.
v. From the Voice Name drop down, choose appropriate voice name to reflect in the ‘Text-To-Speech’ audio file.
vi. Click Create to create the Text-To-Speech’ prompt.
b. To upload and play ‘Pre-recorded’ prompt:
i. Beside Prompt .WAV File field, click Browse to browse for the pre-recorded audio file that you saved on your local system.
ii. Click Save to enable the uploaded audio file.
If you click Create, the Survey Creator enables Prompt (Text-To-Speech) file for the customer. On the other hand, if you Browse for the pre-recorded audio file from your local path and click Save, the Survey Creator enables the uploaded file for the customer.
7. To configure Call Back feature:
a. Check Opt-in for Call Back Survey check box.
b. In the Request Call-Back Number CFD field, enter the number from which the customer receives call back after exiting from the call.
c. In the Transfer-To Extension field, enter the extension number to which the customer will be transferred if willing to participate in the survey.
8. To include questions in the survey, from the Available section, select the desired question and click Include. To include all questions in the survey, click Include All.
9. To exclude questions from the survey, from the Included section, select the desired question and click Exclude. To exclude all questions from the survey, click Exclude All.
10. Click Save to save all the data that you have just added to the Add/Edit Survey screen.
6.1.3. Edit a Survey
1. On the menu select Surveys
2. Click Edit button beside the survey that you want to edit
3. To exclude a question, from the Included section, select the questions that you want to exclude and then click Exclude
4. To include a question, from the Available section, select the questions that you want to include and then click click Include
5. Click Save to save your changes
6.1.4. Delete a Survey
1. In the Surveys screen, from the Survey Maintenance screen, click the Delete button beside the survey that you want to delete.
2. In the Confirm Delete message box, click OK
6.1.5. Publish a Survey
1. In the Surveys screen, from the Survey Maintenance screen, look for the added survey that you want to publish
2. Click the Publish link beside the survey that you want to publish. See that the status is now changed as ‘Published’
3. Informationmessage box appears. Click OK
Questions screen allows you to add a new question or edit an existing question.
To create a new question, you can either create an audio file (.wav file) as ‘Text-to-Speech’, or upload a prerecorded .wav file.
1. On the menu bar, click Questions
2. In the Question Maintenance screen, click to add a new question.
a. On the Add/ Edit Question dialog box, in the Question textbox, type the question
b. Enter the WAV File name
c. From the Valid Answer Values drop down, select the value that best answers the question
d. If your question is about taking a feedback from the customer, from the Valid Answer Values drop down, select Record Feedback option to record the feedback
e. From Locale drop down, select appropriate language for your audio file
f. From Gender drop down, select male or female voice
g. From Voice Name drop down, select desired prerecorded voice that comes with the operating system of your local system
h. Click Create to generate the .wav file
i. Click to save your changes
Prerecorded Audio File
a. On the Add/ Edit Question dialog box, in the Question textbox, type the question
b. Click the Browse button and select the file to upload
c. Click to save your changes
6.2.2. Edit a Question
1. Click beside the question that you want to edit
2. To edit ‘Text-To-Speech’, make the desired changes to the text and click Create to update the changes in the audio file
3. You can also edit Valid Answer Values, Locale, Gender and Voice Name
4. To edit ‘prerecorded’ file, click Browse to change the prerecorded .wav file
5. Click to save your changes
Once a customer participates in the survey and exits from the call, the survey results are added to the Survey Results screen. Here, as an admin, you can view the survey result details like Survey Extension, Survey Name, Survey Date, Question Text, Caller ID, Caller Name, Agent Id, Agent Name, Response and Feedback.
You can also Reset to clear the Survey Results grid data.
6.3.1. Check Survey Result
1. Login to the Survey Creator web portal as an admin
2. In the Survey Results screen, you can see that the new survey result record has been added. You can look at the Response column to know the survey result.
3. If the customer has accepted to give a feedback, you can play the recorded file
6.3.2. Reset Survey Results Data
Transfer screen allows you to transfer a customer call to survey. Once you transfer the customer participates in the survey, the admin will be able to view the survey result from the Survey Results screen.
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
1. Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
2. Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
3. Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
4. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
6.5.1. Custom Brand Settings
1. In the Site Settings tab and in the Custom Branding Settings form, perform the following Brand Setting Customizations:
a. Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
i. Beside Header Gradient Color and from the Top Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display as the top color for the ‘Application Title Header’.
ii. From the Bottom Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display at the bottom of the ‘Application Title Header’ in gradient to the selected Top Color.
b. Customize Grid Color
i. From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data.
ii. The final display after applying ‘Grid Color’ branding settings:
c. Customize Logo
i. If you are uploading the logo for the first time then, beside Upload New Logo field, click Browse and select the logo that you want to apply. You will now observe that the logo is added to the Custom Logo drop down list.
ii. From the Custom Logo drop down list, select the logo that you have just uploaded.
d. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
2. Once you perform desired customizations, click Apply.
3. To reset to default settings, click Reset.
If you need support, would like to request an enhancement to 3CX Survey Creator, or are interested in discussing a custom solution, you can contact as at the following:
Address: 2306 Shimmering Bay Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45244-2760
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time)
Phone: USA: +1 801-642-4655
Whether through one of our commercial products, or a custom solution built to meet your specific needs, we can help you get the most out of your 3CX investment. Call us today!Contact Us