Notifications
Clear all

Emergency Calls

jcostlow
(@jcostlow)
New Member Customer

I made an emergency number of 922 in the call notifier so I can test without calling 911 and it did send an email, text and call me as expected.

When it called my cell it came up as unknown number. Is this the expected behavior? I thought it would use the default caller ID of the trunk when calling out.

Thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2021 10:19 pm
Matthew Orr
(@adminvoip)
Member Admin

I assume we are talking about the notification phone calls, rather than the call to 922.  For notification phone calls, we use the 3CX Call Control API "MakeCall".  Because this call is not coming from an extension, rather, from "MakeCall", it doesn't follow the same rules for outbound caller ID processing.  This is a 3CX issue, not a Emergency Notifier issue.  To ensure you get an appropriate outbound caller ID, make sure the outbound rule has a caller ID specified.  There are various strategies for doing this.  One possible approach would be to place an extension or group membership restriction on all the outbound rules except one (one the bottom).  Since "MakeCall" is not an extension and doesn't belong to any groups, it will fall to the bottom of your list of outbound rules.  Put the desired outbound caller ID on this last outbound rule.  

Hope that helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2021 5:36 am
jcostlow
(@jcostlow)
New Member Customer

Yes, I was talking about the notification call. 

It makes sense that is 3CX making the call anonymously. I will look at my outbound rules as I typically let caller ID come from the trunk or over ride with a specific DID on extension level. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2021 7:37 am
Share: